Currently listing 84 recipes in 75 categories!Latest Recipes
To purchase products or for information on products
Creative and delicious mouth-watering recipes!
This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
1. Stir together the Coconut Oil, Soaked and Dehydrated Almonds, Dehydrated Coconut (save about one third of it to sprinkle over the top) in a bowl.
2. Pour into an 8 X 8 pan and sprinkle the top with Dehydrated Coconut.
3. Place in the refrigerator to chill for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Remove and cut into bite-size squares to serve. If it becomes too hardened and cracks when you attempt to cut it, just set it out at room temperature until it cuts easily. Store it in the refrigerator.
1. Use Frontier Liquid Seasonings without alcohol to give the Almond Joy squares a different twist.
2. Try a teaspoon or two of vanilla, maple, lemon, lime, cinnamon, mint, etc. Add when you are mixing all of the ingredients together.
3. Use some freshly squeezed lemon, lime or grapefruit juice to create a citrus flavor.
4. Grind some Raw Cacao Nibs into a powder using a coffee grinder, sweeten it with some Raw Honey or Muscovado, adding liquid (water, Coconut Milk, Coconut Cream, or warmed Coconut Oil) to make a chocolate sauce that you can use to top the almond joy bars.
Almond Preparation (if not already soaked and dehydrated or if you want to add extra flavors)
1. Soak almond overnight for 8 to 12 hours. I like to add Real Salt to the soaking water, using about one teaspoon per cup of nuts.
2. Chop in food processor.
3. Place on Teflex sheet (or parchment paper) and place in dehydrator to dry (about 4-6 hours).
4. I also dehydrate these soaked almonds whole for snacks. I place them in a bowl, stir in some Bragg's Liquid Aminos and a little Real Salt, then dry them on the regular dehydrator sheets until crispy.
Modified from a recipe donated by Sandy Kuntz.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Other Recipes in this Category:
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Recipe Cloud Tags (Created
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!