Currently listing 84 recipes in 75 categories!Latest Recipes
To purchase products or for information on products
Creative and delicious mouth-watering recipes!
1¼–1½ pounds chicken tenders, cut about 1-inch thick
1½ cup WFN shredded, unsweetened, coconut flakes
⅓ cup sifted WFN coconut flour
⅓ cup WFN arrowroot
1 ½ teaspoon WFN Pink Himalayan salt
¾ teaspoon WFN ground black pepper
1 teaspoon WFN dried thyme or dried, rubbed sage or poultry seasoning, crumbled
1 teaspoon WFN garlic powder (not garlic salt)
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cool water
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons WFN coconut milk
6 tablespoons extra WFN Expeller Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chicken pieces on a plate.
2. Spread coconut in a pie plate or cake pan and set aside.
3. Measure flour and arrowroot by spooning it into a measuring cup and leveling the top with a knife. Place flour, arrowroot, salt, pepper, thyme or sage, and garlic powder in a bowl and whisk to combine. Mix in water and coconut milk with a fork to make a smooth pancake-like batter.
4. One at a time, dip each chicken tender in the batter and arrange on a tray. Use all the batter.
5. One at a time, turn chicken tenders in coconut to coat, pressing coconut on with your fingers. Place pieces on a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons fat or oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. When hot add ⅓ of the chicken. Do not crowd the pan. Cook until lightly golden on each side, about 1 to 2 minutes maximum, and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Remove dark bits of browned batter from the pan before adding another 2 tablespoons oil. When hot, add and cook ½ of the remaining chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken and fat or oil. (Don't let the pan get too hot. The chicken should turn golden on both sides, not black.)
7. Transfer the tray of lightly cooked chicken to preheated oven and bake about 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is the same color inside and out and registers an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
8. Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers and use within 3 days. Reheat briefly in a toaster oven at 300 degrees.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Other Recipes in this Category:
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Recipe Cloud Tags (Created
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!